For my readers in Central Indiana, I encourage you to attend a local event on this Wednesday.
- Trusted Mentors‘ Open House
- Wednesday, January 27th, 2010
- 4:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
- 872 Virginia Avenue
Why You Should Come:
- Enjoy food and beverage
- Benefit from networking opportunities
- Learn how a local nonprofit is impacting our community
- I believe that homelessness is a critical social problem. Unfortunately, living on the streets is a dangerous reality for more than 1,500 people in Indianapolis (on any given night).
- The struggle from homelessness to stable living in permanent housing can be difficult and lonely. At-risk persons need support.
- Volunteer mentoring relationships positively impact the lives of persons transitioning out of homelessness. A mentor encourages and helps.
- Trusted Mentors’ effectively provides volunteer mentors. Of those participating, 80% of at-risk persons stay housed!
- The program works. The program prevents homelessness. Indianapolis is better because of Trusted Mentors.
I hope to see you at Trusted Mentors‘ Open House this Wednesday. As discussed in this prior post, it is important that we engage in our local community – understanding what is going on. This is a great opportunity to learn about how we can help improve the lives of people at-risk for homelessness.