What does it look like to be fully present? What does it look like to show up in the space? To express yourself in relationship? To share of yourself? To put yourself out there?
I think it looks differently for different people.
But for me, presence looks like:
- eye contact
- paying attention
- quieting my mind
- opening my heart
- offering my presence more than my advice
- saying “me too” instead of “have you tried?”
- shifting with the conversation and not forcing my way
- dwelling in relationship
- responding in the moment
- seeking the subtext
- not making assumptions or jumping to conclusions
- not interrupting (or finishing someone’s sentence!)
I don’t always get it right. In fact, I rarely get it right. But I am aware. And I am trying. And I invite you to join me in trying…