I am down right giddy.
And for good reason!
I am now serving as the Director of Annual Giving with the advancement team at The Oaks Academy in Indianapolis.
The organization’s mission resonates with who I am.
- I value education and its role in transforming lives. The Oaks Academy offers a rigorous, classical education to students in Pre-Kindergarten through eighth grade.
- I am a Christian who strives to live out my faith. The Oaks Academy is a Christ-centered, independent school – bringing a Godly vision to fruition.
- I thrive in diversity and seek social justice. The Oaks Academy provides tuition assistance to 75% of the students, bringing together students from diverse backgrounds.
- I desire authentic community development. The Oaks Academy is rooted in relationships with its neighbors – both at the current campus in Fall Creek and at the soon-to-be second location on the near east side.
Plus, my new job reflects my professional preferences and perspectives.
- I am most interested in cultivating support from individual donors. The Oaks Academy receives a majority of its funding from individuals, and I will be responsible for many of these efforts.
- I take the science of fundraising seriously and enjoy designing and implementing systems and processes. At The Oaks Academy, I will be managing the database, coordinating strategies, and supplying critical information for decision making.
- I believe fundraising should be rooted in relationships. The Oaks Academy prioritizes relationships and focuses on creating authentic donor experiences.
I’m truly honored to join an incredible advancement team at such a neat organization. I am grateful for this opportunity.
I thank each of you who has been and will continue to be a source of encouragement for me – from sharing your perspective to offering resources – my nonprofit colleagues are the best.
And, as I continue my blogging here, just a friendly reminder that: “The views expressed here are solely mine and do not necessarily reflect the views of any other individual or organization” – a disclaimer found on the bottom of my homepage.