This afternoon, I attended the Blog Indiana session: Demonstrating Your Expertise with Pete the Planner.
Here are some of my learnings…
When planning your media efforts, engage in traditional media and new media.
- Consistent blogging can lead to: regular columns in publications, speaking gigs, books, and prospective clients.
- Social media gives an opportunity for question/answer dialogue.
- Writing books identifies you as an author and establishes your reputation.
- Give great interviews (on radio or television) with concise sound bites and by talking into the camera.
Be real. Be really real.
- Master your own expert advice and live it! Embody your perspective, your recommendations, and your field.
- Keep it positive – be confident, exude energy, and be original.
Want more? Follow the conversation on Twitter: #BIN2011 @petetheplanner