It has recently been brought to my attention that I have a personal board of directors. Of course I do! I just had never described this awesome group of people with the term “personal board of directors.”
Current membership includes:
- Career Counselor
- Spiritual Director
- Former Boss and Mentor
- Former Colleague and Friend in Related Field
- Former Colleague and Friend in Same Field
- Expert in Same Field
- Expert in Related Field
My personal board of directors is an interesting mix.
- Most of them do not get paid to be in relationship with me, but some of them do.
- Most of them are not family, but some of them are.
- Most of them have direct experience with my work product and process, but some of them do not.
- Most of them are faith-motivated, but some of them are not.
- Most of them are nonprofit-focused, but some of them are not.
- Most of them are women, but some of them are not.
- Most of them are white, but some of them are not.
What’s missing? Is there something or someone else that I should be seeking to include in my personal board of directors? I’d be grateful for your feedback; please leave a comment.
“Don’t stop now!” Get a 20-page PDF. It’s my gift to you. Your Birthday Wish Workbook helps you take personal inventory in 4 key areas of your life, dream about what you wish you were doing, and make an action plan. Get your free gift now: www.jessicajourney.com/birthday