I’ve seen it so many times before…
- A nonprofit drags its feet and does it because they have to.
- A nonprofit wants to make payroll so they ask people for money.
- A nonprofit goes out begging with stories of their dire needs.
Instead, embrace fundraising as an opportunity to advance your organization’s mission. Fundraising is so much more than a revenue stream.
Fundraising has numerous benefits:
- New partners – Cultivating relationships brings forth strategic partners and smarter delivery of services.
- New ideas – Donors are often eager to share their perspective.
- New opportunities – When you open up your network, you become aware of so many more things happening in your community.
- New cause awareness – Supporters “get it” and can serve as advocates for your cause and your brand.
What other benefits can effective fundraising bring to your organization? Please leave a response with your idea!
Like what you’re reading? Subscribe to my blog.