Did you know? Your nonprofit is missing out on serious support if you are not intentionally cultivating monthly giving.
I learned all about monthly giving with Harvey McKinnon at the 2011 Conference of the Association of Fundraising Professionals.
Take advantage of the 7 benefits of monthly giving programs:
1. Increases income – as much as 2 or 3 times a single annual gift!
2. Improves donor relationships – emphasizing stewardship over solicitation!
3. Extends donor engagement – focusing on loyalty for the long-term!
4. Provides predictability of cash flow – helping the organization plan better!
5. Offers savings in solicitation costs – retention is automatic!
6. Gives opportunities for manageable upgrades – asks seem appropriate!
7. Makes giving convenient for donors – decreasing barriers to fundraising!
So, how can you get started?
- Integrate monthly giving options into all of your efforts with individual donors
- Focus on donors who already give 2-4 times annually
- Connect the monthly amount with a specific program outcome
Want realtime updates and insights from the Association of Fundraising Professionals 2011 Conference? Follow me @Jessica_Journey on Twitter.