This morning began with keynote Jay Baer’s The Six Step Process to Measuring Social Media at the Blog Indiana Conference.
1. Don’t be afraid to admit that social doesn’t act alone. Social media is one ingredient to use in the total recipe. Incorporate!
2. Don’t be afraid to measure different. What you measure depends on your goals: awareness, sales, or loyalty. Focus on behavior!
3. Don’t be afraid to commit. Proactively develop your metrics. Pick early!
4. Don’t be afraid of ROI. It is just revenue minus investment divided by investment. Go for it!
5. Don’t be afraid to share. Tell your colleagues about your metrics and how it is going. Speak!
6. Don’t be afraid of anecdotes. Stories can be a powerful way to demonstrate the effectiveness of social media. Wow them!
Want more? Follow the conversation on Twitter: #BIN2011 @jaybaer