The field of fundraising can be difficult to navigate.
If you aren’t careful, you will step right into a land mine.
And your fundraising could implode on itself.
Beware of these hidden hazards:
- Ignoring donor intent because of sloppy gift processing.
- Spreading private data as a result of inconsistent information policies.
- Overestimating numbers in grant reports due to erroneous reporting.
- Jeopardizing the organization’s sustainability by not documenting donor relationships.
Take steps to avoid these pitfalls.
- Follow database instructions for thorough gift entry.
- Establish information policies for your organization.
- Be pro-active in coordinating efforts with other departments.
- Take advantage of resources available through the Association of Fundraising Professionals, especially the Donor Bill of Rights.
What other ethical land mines could you confront in fundraising? Please leave a comment with your thought!
Like what you’re reading? Subscribe to my blog.