I’m pleased to welcome you to my recently updated website! There have been a lot of changes…I hope you enjoy it!
About a year ago, I started blogging about my experiences in the nonprofit sector. At the time, I wasn’t sure how much time and energy I was going to invest in my blogging. So I started with the best free blog site available: wordpress.com.
WordPress.com is great for someone starting to blog.
- It’s free! You can explore blogging without a financial investment.
- There are lots of themes from which to choose! You can make it your own.
- Detailed analytics are available! You can discover how people are visiting.
Now it’s been more than a year, and my blogging has become more than just a hobby. My blog has become an integral part of my professional development and my personal brand.
So, I’ve transitioned to self-hosting, with considerable assistance from my husband, Eddie Journey. I’m pleased with our vendor choices:
With my transition to self-hosting, I’ve taken advantage of even more free services:
- Google Voice Widget: phone calls
- Creative Commons Licensing: copyright clarification
- WordPress.org: user-friendly infrastructure
- Google Analytics: never-ending supply of statistics
So, take a look around. Make yourself at home – stay awhile. All of these improvements have been made to create a better experience for you!