Invest time and energy into the people in your network. NOW.
And, make it about them. Not about you. Build up your network by giving to your contacts, not just by taking from them.
That way, the next time you call someone to ask for a favor, the last time that she heard from you wasn’t when you were asking for a favor!
Here are some ideas:
- Congratulations on career moves and personal life transitions
- Introductions to others in your network
- Sharing a resource of interest
- Referrals for business prospects
- Invitations to local events
How else can you reach out to the individuals in your network? Leave a comment with your idea!
Like what you’re reading? Subscribe now.