Though I love working in and contributing to the nonprofit sector, my real passion is baking. If I could spend all day creating cookies and other desserts in the kitchen, I would. I also wouldn’t mind gobbling up all of those goodies!
I recently came across a recipe that I encourage you to try. It was given to me by my husband’s late grandmother, Nellie Gold. Granny served the poorest of the Indianapolis community, offering a delicious meal, a friendly hug, and an encouraging word.
Ingredients for Happiness Cake
- 1 cup of good thoughts
- 1 cup of consideration for others
- 2 cups of well beaten faults
- 1 cup of kind deeds
- 3 cups of forgiveness
Instructions for Happiness Cake
- Mix ingredients.
- Add tears of joy, sorrow, and sympathy.
- Flavor with love and kindly service.
- Fold in four cups of prayers and lots of faith.
- Blend well, fold into daily life.
- Bake well with warmth and human kindness.
- Serve with a smile.
- You can serve this at anytime.
This recipe expresses how Granny chose to live her life. Her generous heart is my inspiration to serve in the nonprofit sector.
Who has inspired you to make a difference in the community? Please leave a comment with your inspiration!