What a pleasure to meet so many fundraising tweeps that I adore and respect through our connection on Twitter! We gathered together yesterday afternoon for a tweetup, at the 2011 Conference for the Association of Fundraising Professionals.
After an opportunity to greet each other and engage in some brief networking conversations, we began discussing the role of social media in our association’s activities.
@Nathan_Hand was first to pose the question – how can we, as an influential network of Twitter users, leverage our social engagement to benefit the association?
From there, the conversation really took off!
The conversation turned to focus on how @afpihq could improve its Twitter strategies. Suggestions included:
- Engaging in conversations and interacting with others more
- Facilitating monthly live Twitter chats
- Supporting local chapters in social media efforts
- Following members exclusively, as a benefit of membership
- Integrating the use of Twitter in presentations and webinars
- Coordinating conversations on critical or controversial issues
How else can the Association of Fundraising Professionals support its membership through social media? Please leave a comment with your suggestion!
Want realtime updates and insights from the Association of Fundraising Professionals 2011 Conference? Follow me @Jessica_Journey and #afpmeet on Twitter.