I love following other bloggers and have recently subscribed to Wild Woman Fundraising, by Mazarine Treyz. I recommend you check out her blog site; there are great resources for people both fairly new to fundraising, as well as fundraisers with years of experience. I especially like the Fundraising Calculator that offers comparative information on different fundraising vehicles.
During my recent employment search, I have been asked this question many times. So, I decided to share my answer with you. I encourage you to consider your answer (whether you are currently interviewing or not).
I am a “go-getter.” In five years, I will be continuing to seek out new opportunities…
- To effectively contribute to my current employer – by suggesting innovative ideas, implementing interesting programs, and reaching greater goals.
- For professional growth – by networking, attending workshops/conferences, and engaging in reflective tasks (like blogging).
- To advance the Indianapolis community – by volunteering as an executive leader, completing direct service volunteer hours, and serving at my church.
I am committed. In five years, I will be continuing my commitments:
- To working. During the next few years, I will be the primary “breadwinner” for my family as my husband returns to graduate school.
- To our local community. I love the city of Indianapolis and am not considering moving.
- To the fundraising profession. I have found my niche and will continue to grow as a fundraiser, connecting people to people and people to resources.
Now, Where do you see yourself in five years? I encourage you to consider this question and answer it honestly – speaking to your character and your commitment to your field.
Please leave a comment with your answer! Where do you see yourself in five years?