Looking for a job? Want to be viewed as a trusted colleague? Need a promotion or a raise? Wondering how to develop your network?
Personal branding is the answer to your next career challenge! Now is the time to start intentionally building your personal brand.
Here are 5 basics to get you started:
- Clean up your online image! Remove anything about you online that you wouldn’t want plastered up on a billboard.
- Develop a complete LinkedIn profile! Don’t forget to customize your url, include a picture, and add recommendations.
- Make plans to network regularly! Set a specific goal to attend events and follow-up with new contacts.
- Create your own business card! What – did you think that scribbling your email address down on a post-it was a good idea?
- Track information on everyone you know! Remind yourself of how you met and what you know about the person.
Enjoy these 10 bonus ideas:
- Request informational interviews from colleagues in your field.
- Interact on Twitter with individuals with common interests.
- Cultivate mentoring relationships with professionals that you look up to.
- Express your professional perspective with videos on YouTube.
- Share resources and ideas through a blog.
- Take advantage of invitations to participate in panels and presentations.
- Collaborate on side projects with contacts.
- Seek out opportunities for nonprofit board leadership.
- Participate in LinkedIn groups.
- BREATHE – Take time and space to be you!
Like what you’re reading? Subscribe to my blog.